Immigrating to New Zealand – How to go about it

Just so you know, immigrating to New Zealand doesn’t come easy. There are strict laws, rules and regulations in place that you need to pay attention to. With a surge of immigrants in the last couple of years, the country has taken steps to develop a visa program that is very stringent. Here’s a look into how you need to go about acquiring permission through your chosen immigration consultant in Abu Dhabi to enter New Zealand. Remember, the entire visa application process is largely going to depend on your country, and the visa that you are applying for.

  1. Are you eligible for a visa?
    Before anything else, it is necessary for you to visit the website of the New Zealand Border Agency website to work out whether the purpose for which you are visiting New Zealand requires you to apply for a visa or not.
  2. What sort of a visa should you apply for?
    Now, there are several different types of visas that you can apply for to gain entrance to the beautiful country that goes by the name of New Zealand. Here’s a bit of information about a few of them:

Youth Mobility Visa
This visa was previously known as the Working Holiday Visa, and is meant to be applied for by those looking to visit New Zealand for more than 6 month. It is specifically targeted at people between the 18-30 age range, and is based on points. These points are awarded based on the criteria set by the High Commission. It is valid for a full two years. If you acquire this visa, you would be eligible to enjoy a holiday in New Zealand, but would have to work to support yourself. When sending in your application through New Zealand immigration consultants in Dubai, you will have to present your bank statement.

De Facto or Marriage Visa
Those who are married to New Zealand passport holders can easily apply for a de facto or marriage visa to be able to work and live in New Zealand. Initially, you will be granted a four year visa, allowing you to enter New Zealand. Once the period is over, you will be able to extend your visa, apply for an indefinite stay and receive a passport too. Those who have been married for more than four years are issued an indefinite leave to remain certificate instantly. Here, you will have to prove that you are financially stable, and if you have been hired, then you would have to show evidence of employment too.

Work permit
If you are exceptionally skilled in your field, then it is possible for you to apply for a work permit. With the acquisition of a work permit, you would be considered a valid employee in the New Zealand employment market. Initially, you will be allowed to live in the country for two years, after which your visa will be renewed for another three years.